watermark trust wyberton

Wyberton Primary Academy

Google Services


Get in Touch

Wyberton Primary Academy


At Wyberton Primary Academy we try to ensure that the transition to school is as easy and as simple as possible for both parent and child. We are happy to provide you with all the information you need to decide which school is right for you.


We encourage prospective parents to contact the schools for a personal tour or attend our Open Days in November (please book by contacting the schools) as we would love you to come along and see our schools in action.


However, if you are unable to visit us or if you have any further questions following your visit then please do not hesitate to ask. Feel free to call us, send us an email or pop in and talk to one of our helpful office staff.


We look forward to welcoming you and your child soon.

Admission Arrangements

For children due to start school in September 2024, the Admission Application process opens on Wednesday 15 November 2023 and closes on Monday 15 January 2024.  Our admission policies are displayed on our Policies Page here.


To apply, click on the link below to find all of the information you need and the online application form.

Applying for a Mid-year School place

If you wish to apply for a school place mid-year, please contact Lincolnshire County Council on 01522 782030 or apply using the link below.  Applications can be made at any time of the year.  Please contact the school direct to check if we have places available in the school year you require or if you would like to arrange a visit.


Mid-year Admissions

School is alerted to a mid-year admission via SAM and school must respond to this within 2 school days. Lincolnshire County Council then react to the response via email direct to the parent.


If school has a space available but needs to seek further information regarding the child's behaviour, then a response should be received within 10 school days. The Admissions Code is clear that the Local Authority, if co-ordinating in year admissions, must respond within 15 school days and this involves numerous schools.


If a place is refused, then the parent will be advised of their right of appeal.

Admission Appeals Timetable

National Offer Day - 16 April 2024

Appeals Deadline - 14 May 2024

Transport to School

If your child is starting primary school or transferring to secondary school in September, they may be eligible for school transport. If you think your child is eligible please apply for transport as soon as you have your offer of a school place.

Applications can be made online at the website below or a telephone application can be made by contacting the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782020.


For more information about the home to school transport policy and online applications please follow the link below.


Queries can be emailed to:  schooltransportapplications@lincolnshire.gov.uk 

Foreign Nationals


Foreign national children residing in the UK normally have the right to attend schools in England which are:

  • state-funded
  • independent

To lawfully enter the country to access a school, foreign national children residing outside the UK will typically need either:

  • right of abode
  • an immigration status which otherwise permits them to enter the UK to study at a school.

Checking eligibility for a school place

Parents of foreign national children are responsible for checking that their children have a right to study at a school under the UK entry conditions. They should do this before applying for a place.

It is not the role of state-funded schools or local authorities to ask for proof of eligibility before offering a place.

If foreign nationals outside the UK want to enter the UK to study at an independent school with a licensed student sponsor, they should contact the school directly. If it accepts the application, it will send them a reference number called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Parents will need a CAS before applying for their child’s visa. They cannot enter to study at schools which are not licensed student sponsors.

Parents can find more information on gov.uk - visas and immigration.


Parents are reminded to ensure their child holds the correct entry visa before making a school application. If a school or the local authority has concerns about a particular child’s immigration status they will refer the case to the Home Office.